- Melissa and Doug Unit Blocks: These are an amazing starter set of standard wooden blocks. Every play space should include a set of wooden blocks!
2. Plan Toys Tea Set: This is a beautiful and gender neutral wooden tea set that is perfect for pretend kitchen play!
3. Wooden Instruments: This set is extremely well made and very reasonably priced for everything you get. I do have to hide the recorder every once in a while.
4. Melissa & Doug Play Food: Kitchen play is always a huge hit. This set has a good variety but isn’t overwhelming. The wooden boxes are great to use to store food, or can be re-purposed for storing other playroom items.
5. Le Toy Van Telephone: A retro inspired rotary phone is an adorable addition to any play space. This toy will inspire creative and imaginative play for years.
6. Hape Toy Cars: These cars are very solid an have heavy duty wooden wheels that hold up well to vrooming and zooming. The holes in the vehicle make it easy for little hands to grasp.
7. Hape Doll House Family: These doll house families are a perfect fit for any doll house. They are bendable and their feet are big enough so they can stand without falling over.
8. Plan Toys Dollhouse: A dollhouse is a must have for pretend play–for both girls and boys. This is a nice sized and reasonably priced doll house that holds up well. It’s basic enough to be gender neutral and the balcony is a fun touch.
9. Guidecraft Rainbow Blocks: Rainbow blocks are an awesome addition to any block set. They can be used to learn about colors and light, as well as for general building. The triangles make the perfect castle top!
10. Le Toy Van Wooden Stackable Animals: Small world play for kids is big. Having animals, trees, houses and figures gives kids an opportunity to create their own little worlds. These wooden animals are adorable and can stack which is a fun building and fine motor activity.
Check out of latest blog posts.
- 4 Benefits of Play Dough
- Gift Guide–Wooden Toys on Amazon
- Gift Guide– Top Art Supplies for Kids
- Gift Guide–Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Gift Guide– The Best Gifts for Babies