Importance of outdoor activities for kids
We know kids should play outside, right? Right….so what are some great outdoor activities for kids of all ages?
Also, check out one of my absolute favorite movements. The 1000 Hours Outside Challenge which was created to counteract the fact that we are loosing approximately 1200 HOURS of childhood to SCREENS. This challenge encourages us to match screen time with outdoor time.
But outdoor activities for kids are hard…
Sometimes they would rather sit inside and watch T.V.
Or it's raining.
Maybe it's too hot.
Or you don't have a backyard so you struggle to find outdoor activities that you could easily enjoy.
Or you love being outside with your kids, but you can't, for the life of you, think of anything new to try.
Here is a list of 30 articles that provide some great outdoor activities for kids (even when it's raining, too hot, too cold…..)
- 100 Simple Things to do Outside with Your Kids
- 25 Ideas to Get Your Family Active Outside
- Nature Activities for Teens
- 30 Simple Spring Outdoor Activities for Kids
- The Ultimate Gear Guide
- How to Hike with Kids and Actually Enjoy It
- Nature Walk Must Haves
- 5 Ways Kids Can Experience Science This Summer
- 10 Ways to Bring City Kids Closer to Nature
- 20 Super Cool Ideas for Backyard Fun for Kids
- 5 Adventurous Play Ideas to Conquer Childhood Fear
- Getting Started Foraging With Kids
- 10 Tips for Exploring Nature with Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Environmental Projects for Kids Who Believe in Better
- 7 Ways to Encourage Imaginative Play Outdoors
- Outdoor Treasure Hunt for Toddlers
- Outdoor Color Match Activity
- DIY Stepping Stones
- 10 Ways to Tempt Your Kids to Go Outside and Play
- Scavenger Hunt Printable
- 101 Outdoor Family Bonding Activities
- Craft: Decorating a Walking Stick
- DIY Bird Feeder Craft & Bird Watching Tips for Outdoor Fun
- A Backyard Camping Trip – The Best Way To Introduce Kids to the Camping Experience!
- Gardening with Kids
- 5 Things to Bring for a Day in the Park
- How to Create a ‘Yes Space’ Outdoors (When You Don’t Have a Yard)
- 25+ Water Play Activities For Kids
- 9 Must Have Screen-Free Outdoor Toys to Keep Kids Engaged and Learning
- How to Get Kids Outside During the School Year
Love this post? Check out some of the articles below.
This post may include affiliate links and I may earn commission if you make a purchase through these links. Letting your child lead their learning is not always easy, but it can benefit their development. It allows them to explore and create in their environment and base their learning on interesting things. I’ll explain more…
This post may include affiliate links and I may earn commission if you make a purchase through these links. When you think about your kids playing in the mud, your first thought is most likely how difficult it will be to clean them up afterward, but there are so many benefits to mud play for…
This post may include affiliate links and I may earn commission if you make a purchase through these links. Today’s kids are growing up with technology as their go-to for entertainment which is NOT a good thing. The Toniebox allows children to have an engaging, relaxing, inspirational, screen-free alternative. Why Are Screen-Free Toys So Important?…
This post may include affiliate links and I may earn commission if you make a purchase through these links. Subscription boxes can be fun and educational, encouraging play-based learning, which many of us are huge fans of. When we order subscription boxes, we usually do quarterly ones to rotate through them each month. For example,…
This post may include affiliate links and I may earn commission if you make a purchase through these links. Getting kids outside is so important for their physical, social, and emotional health. Unfortunately, many kids today spend too much time inside on screens (anywhere from 4-9 hours a day, yikes!) This can have negative consequences…