Looking for the best gifts for babies?
This holiday season I am working hard to be more mindful of what comes into our home–especially for our youngest.
Simple gifts for babies
I wanted to pull together a simple holiday gift guide that focused on more open ended toys that are suitable for a variety of ages, as well as promote more active play. Babies don’t need much, but here are a few items that are great for learning and development.
1. Mushie Stacking Cups–This set of muted colored stacking cups are a basic toy but an absolute must have. They help improve fine motor skills and organization.
2. Plan Toys Matching puzzle–Simple wooden puzzles with large handles are great for little babies to begin learning about early math concepts such as shape recognition and fractions, it also helps build patience and concentration.
3. Slumberkins snuggler–Who doesn’t need an adorably snuggly soft lovey in their lives. These little Slumberkins are just too cute.
4. Haba Rainmaker— A rainmaker is a great sensory experience for little ones. They can work on their grip, shake this to make noise and watch the little balls move around–helping them begin to develop a sense of cause and effect.
5. Plan Toys Bell Rattle–A classic rattle made from wood and very muted colors is a must have gift for little babies.
6. Plan Toys Baby Car–This little car is so perfect for tiny hands to push and pull. This bright car helps build visual and fine motor skills.
7. Haba Frog–This frog doubles as a grasping toy and a teether. Love the adorable little frog face!
8. Plan Toys Triangle Clutch Toy–Another awesome grasper toy. Babies need multiple opportunities to practice holding objects that are a variety of shapes and sizes.
9. Grimm’s Large Conical Tower–Another classic toy that helps babies develop an understanding of math concepts such as shapes and size. Opt for this over the plastic ring tower for a beautiful and non-toxic addition to your space.
10. Haba Happy Block Set— These soft blocks are a must have for little ones to shake and stack. Each blocks also makes it’s own little noise.
11 & 12. Jellycat Stuffed Animal and Activity Book–Jellycat stuffed animals are the ONLY brand of stuffed animals we own. They are literally the softest, most adorable things ever. They also have such an amazing variety of unique animals. These little activity books are great as busy books for car rides.
13. Wooden Story Shape Sorter–This beautiful wooden shape sorter is a classic toy that your child can love now and later. Learn to sort by color, shape and size as well as use these blocks for building when baby gets older.
14. Haba Teether Cuddly Rainbow— An adorable toy for little ones that has a mirror, bells, teethers, and crinkle tags. So many little things to keep little hands and mouths busy.
15. Haba Rainbow Fabric Ball–A fabric ball that includes eight colorful sections with different textures and sounds that provide so much sensory stimulation.
Check out our most recent posts.
- 7 Signs your Baby is Overstimulated & Unhappy
- How to entertain a bored toddler at home with little effort
- The Benefits of Boredom
- Play and Physical Development
- Open-ended toy myths, BUSTED